Are you committed to building an anti-racist family environment for your children? This self-paced, 12-month course will help you on your journey. Take the online course at your own pace, while meeting with Britt Hawthorne and other anti-racist families in a Q&A format every other week. In live online meetings, talk through the course material, have your questions answered, and unpack with the help of other families in the learning process as well.
As in all her workshops, Britt centers people of the global majority, taking special attention to help white-passing, white-presenting, and white folks become aware of the space they take up and ensure they are being mindful that they are not re-traumatizing families of the global majority.
People of the global majority: Black, Indigenous, and People of Color represent over 80% of the world’s population. We use “people of the global majority” to decenter whiteness and center the lives of Black, Indigenous, and People of Color.
You’ll learn how to:
- Create an anti-racist and anti-bias home environment that will affirm your child
- Comfortably discuss diversity, race, and racism with your children
- Support your children with developmentally appropriate activities
- Resist colorblind thinking
- Identify and disrupt stereotypes
- Distinguish between your child’s prejudice and curiosity; determine how to respond accordingly
- Understand how negative bias develops
- Speak the language of justice and inclusion
- Work as a family toward justice
This space will be intentional in centering folks of the global majority. If your family identifies as a family of the Global Majority, Indigenous, Black, Brown, Asian, Pacific Islander, Hispanic, Latinx, and does not experience white privilege/passing feel empowered to access one of the FREE spots reserved for People of the Global Majority. There is no application or questions to answer. We trust you know what you need. More details to come.
Get Notified When It’s Ready Psst, sometime in 2022.